1. Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar never attended a college.
2. Steve Jobs got himself enrolled in Reed College in Oregon, but one semester later, he dropped out.
3. Reliance founder Dhirubhai Ambani was only 16 when he left for Aden to work as a clerk owing to financial issues in family.
4. After scoring a near-perfect 1590 on his SATs, Gates enrolled at Harvard but left without a degree to start Microsoft Corp.
5. Larry Ellison, Oracle co-founder, attended the University of
Illinois but left at the end of his second year, as he skipped the exams
following the death of his adoptive mother. He then went to the
University of Chicago, but didn't stay beyond a term.
6. After the wonder effect of Facebook, Zuckerberg packed his dreams and left Harvard to relocate to Silicon Valley.
7. Steven Spielberg was not known for his academic excellence.
Interestingly, he even failed to get admission into a film-making
8. Sir Richard Branson had a difficult time in school because of his dyslexia. He left school when he was only 16.
9. Doris Lessing, won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2007, had to
end her formal schooling when she was 14. She had worked as a nanny,
telephone operator, stenographer, and a journalist before becoming a
novelist at the age of 31.
10. Former American Idol judge Simon Cowell dropped out of school at age
16 and landed a job in the mailroom at EMI. At 23 he left to start his
own record label, Fanfare.